Sunday, May 3, 2015

First mountain bike ride of the year

There's a time for everything and my first day out on mountain bike couldn't have been better. For the most part it was easy and fun and I had little problem handling the hills. It's almost as if I just picked up where I left off just six month ago, just to the day.

For the not so thrilling part of the outing, there was that hard piece of sagebrush, on a newly cut and nice section of the trail, that hit my hand and the handlebar of my bike on the way down, spinning me around and sending me flying over – luckily – a big sagebrush.

I only ended up with some scratches all over and a painful bruise on my left femur. I took a few moments to gather myself and slowly and humbly rode home.

Need to pay much more attention, man!

No comments: