Tuesday, May 26, 2015

When I ran into my Mormon neighbor

The other day, I dreamed I had made it to Heaven. There the first guy I ran across was one of my few Mormon neighbors that always meant well to me, that tried to convert me once, but gave up when he saw that my case was rather hopeless...

Needless to say he appeared shocked to see me in Heaven when I somehow landed there. He said he was truly amazed and just couldn't believe that a heathen like me had managed to wiggle his way near the Almighty.

The things he said that bothered him the most were that, while he was wasting all his Sundays, I was having fun skiing, mountain biking or mowing my lawn! I begged him to regain his composure and feeling a tad guilty - as always, I even apologized for ruining his stay in Heaven by my mere presence.

I probably over-did it when I went over my way to promise that if I didn't enjoy the place to its fullest, I'd ask for a transfer to Hell, if downstairs – as I had been told – proved to be more fun.

No comments: