Friday, September 4, 2015

Another way to climb Mt. Timpanogos

Each summer, I do my best to get to the top of Mt Timpanogos, either in company of my wife or my daughter. Today was no exception and I reached the top of that big mountain for the eighth time while my daughter scored her third climb.

This time we chose the Timpanooke trail instead of Aspen Grove, since we wanted to avoid a grueling walk over the boulders of moraine after the snow had melted. A lack of snow this winter and a nice summer almost melted the entire « glacier » or at least the only permanent snowfield we have in Utah. Global warming is indeed killing our way of life !

The vertical was a little bit less at 4,347 ft, but the trail is much flatter and easier, yet a bit longer. This year, I was in top form, but still fell bit up when we got down to the car. Must repeat next year !

No comments: