Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Peru trip - Return trip

American “legacy airlines” are consistently setting a very bad example when it comes to service. My last bad experience happended on...Around midnight, last night, my wife and I were booked to fly on United Airlines from Lima, Peru to Houston, Texas, in Economy Class Plus, for which we had paid extra.

First, as we were checking-in, we learned that our flight was first delayed and shortly thereafter that it had been canceled. We were then re-routed on Copa Airlines, through Panama departing later that morning and causing us to get home some eight hours later at home.

Of course, I was was then given the assurance by the United Airlines agent that we would get a set in Economy Class Plus, which didn't not happen as we found ourselves sitting at the very back of the aircraft. As we boarded the plane, I asked a flight attendant if we could be placed in a more forward section of the aircraft, but this was time wasted.
When I arrived in Houston, I went directly to customer service to complain that I didn't receive the extra service I had paid off. The customer service rep said he couldn't do anything in terms of refund, because United had no control over what Copa Airlines had done.

This clearly was not my problem, but United's with its faulty equipment that failed to provide me the service it sold me. I'll get this settled by contacting American Express tomorrow and by never, ever flying United again, unless, of course United makes me an offer I can't refuse!

No comments: