Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Soul and Emotions

Do I have a soul? I don't know. I wouldn't know how to differentiate it from my conscious mind, so I conveniently lump the two together and consider them one and the same.

Do I feel emotions? Very much so. They can either elate me or bring me down in the dump and they're always very powerful. Are my emotions the mirror of my soul or a reflection of the contradictions that inhabit my mind? I don't know.

I take them for being just what I believe they are: Emotions. An independent sensory experience that can enrich my life or make it abominable, depending on how emotions decide to appear to me. Now, tell me, can you control these unruly, ethereal manifestations? I don't really think so.

You can either embrace them or suppress them altogether. That's about it. Now if you tell me again that I've got a soul and its manifestation are my emotions, I'll you that my soul is the most unruly and out of control of my possessions and I'm not even going to try to control it; ever!

No comments: