Sunday, November 6, 2016

Ski-swap, Park City style

This weekend's highlight was the annual Park City Ski Swap, allegedly one of the largest and oldest ski swaps in the U.S.A. offering a large selection of ski gear under one single roof.

I went there on Friday night, which was a big mistake, as the place was mobbed and browsing almost impossible. That night, I picked one pair of 180 cm Dynastar – I'm going shorter these days - complete with bindings for less than $400. Most of the product offering was brand-new and the majority of shoppers came from the Salt Lake Valley. The locals are probably too snob for shopping at a ski swap...

The selection was excellent, the help terrible (just not trained as it should have) and it took some good equipment knowledge to navigate the range of equipment. The next day, I returned to select a pair of ski boots. They were much fewer people and I had all the time in the world to try on ski boots and make my choice.

I picked a pair of Nordica after trying DalBello, Rossignol and Lange. The fit was good and the flex much gentler to match my growing number of years...

No comments: