Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Ready for the eclipse?

For months now, we've been told repeatedly that on Aug. 21, 2017, America will fall under the path of a total solar eclipse. It will darken our skies all the way from Oregon to South Carolina, along a stretch of land about 70 miles wide.

Park City will be slightly south of that path, but we'll see a sun darkened over about 93 percent of its whole area. At home, the “partial show” will begin at about 10:10 AM, peak at 11:30 and will phase out just before 1:00 pm.

If I were crazy enough, I'd drive up three and a half hour to Idaho Falls or south of Jackson Hole, but I'm too lazy and a big chunk of darkness is pretty close to the whole enchilada. Besides, there will be another one in 2045, so I might quietly wait to see the sun blacked-out for one very last three-hours period in my lifetime!

No comments: