Sunday, April 21, 2019

"Old" Orleans

This past Thursday, I had the bright idea to take my wife to see and hear “Orleans”, that pop and rock band, mostly known for its mid-70s hits like "Dance with Me" and "Still the One".

I used to liked these songs a lot as they reminded me of the first years I emigrated to in the United States. Besides, I also liked the soft rock songs from the related duo Hall & Oates and was looking forward to that evening.

The problem was that the recomposed band didn't sound good (only one surviving member, John Hall, was in, seemed to be out of place and couldn't hold a tune).

With the exception of Lance Hopen, all were shabbily dressed, looked pathetic as well as pitiful and let my wife comment: “To every thing there is a season” meaning that these guys should stay home instead of performing below audiences' expectations.

Something to keep seriously in mind next time we decide to attend a concert...

The video below is much better than what we had to endure... 


No comments: