Friday, April 5, 2019

Oldie but Goodies?

On Wednesday night, I was invited to attend the reception organized by the International Skiing History Association (ISHA), which mission is to preserves and increases awareness of my favorite sport’s heritage through its “Skiing History” publication and its website.

I do subscribe to the advertising-free magazine that I receive six times a year, never fails to read cover-to-cover and that I enjoy an awful lot, because I've always been interested in history in general, and even more so into the history of what's my lifelong passion.

When I was in the midst of these folks, I felt young because some of them are almost 20 years older than me!

So, my attitude is not see the advanced age of these people, but rather their wealth of experience, something along the lines of “what could I learn from these people, with their huge experience that I could apply to the rest of my life?”

Now, you understand, Oldie but Goodies isn't something to avoid, but rather seek, because it's high quality and classic value before anything else.

No comments: