Thursday, February 20, 2020

My theory about dreams

A few nights ago, I was watching a show about interpreting dreams and was told that dreams were blueprints into the future.

In fact, no one really know why we dream, so that field is wide open to the weirdest speculations.

Ever since Freud and Jung looked into dreams, the latter have become charged with meaning according to many.

While Jung Jung saw dreams as the psyche's attempt to communicate important things to the individual, there has always been a lot of discussion and dispute as to what their real meaning was.

Since I’m old and my sleep no longer is as heavy as it used to be, I’m awaken each night by my dreams and as while I try very hard to see any meaning into them, I simply can’t.

They are a collection of random ideas and situations that come out of my current and past experiences, are mostly turned towards the past, can be emotionally quite disturbing or elating, but remain utterly meaningless to me.

Both bothering and meaningless, my dreams are a pure waste of my precious sleeping time!

No comments: