Friday, February 7, 2020

Selling cars the old fashion way

As I took my Subaru for service and while I was waiting, I took a look at the 2020 version of my current car.

I asked the guy who sold it to me to show me what was available. It was very cold out. He took me to the lot and tried to decipher which specific version each car was, we returned inside and he had a hard time telling me the difference in gas-mileage between the regular and the turbo models.
After laboriously searching his laptop he came up with the answer. I asked him “What kind of car do you drive?” He answered “A truck.”

I had heard enough. A no point, during our conversation, did he try to offer me to test-drive the new model or show much interest in my needs and calendar. Some things never change.

It almost breaks my heart, but my next car won’t be a Subaru.

No comments: