Thursday, February 13, 2020

Twelve years without much skiing

Many folks who know me, including my family members, think I’m obsessed by skiing.

Granted, this attraction was something that instantly got ingrained into me as soon as I set foot on the boards, but many years of deprivation at different stages of my life, acted as an amplifier of sort and exacerbated that passion.

This happened in 1967 and 1968 when I missed two complete ski seasons during my military service and from 1975 through 1985 when I worked for Look bindings and Lange boots.

Even though, I was deep into the ski business during that decade, my places of residence and my extensive travels didn’t gave me much opportunity at all to hit the slopes.

We say absence, make the heart grow fonder, and nothing was more true for me than this twelves seasons of “skiing withdrawal!”

No comments: