Saturday, February 15, 2020

So glad we don’t live in Vail!

Last week, as I was riding the chairlift, a visitor from Vail told that his place had received 17” of new snow and that the lines were unbelievable.

This is when I thought Park City lines were outrageous because the skiers from four neighboring resorts in Utah converged to our town as their usual resorts were shut down.

This was nothing in comparison when I discovered that video showing the ginormous lines in Vail that day.

Back in the early 2000, I spent five years in the Vail Valley because of my job, and was familiar with the legendary ski lines at Vail when 20 to 25,000 skiers showed up on weekends.

At that time, I was under pressure from my bosses to give up my rental apartment and buy a home there. After some considerations, my wife and I came to the conclusion that we simply didn’t like the Vail Valley and we decided to stay put in Park City.

With a tiny bit of insight, we were so right, and today when I watched that video, I realized that we were smarter than we ever thought…

No comments: