Saturday, September 12, 2020

Doing unpleasant stuff first

Like billions of other folks, I find it more attractive to eat the dessert first. In other words, doing the easy task is often effortless, more appealing and ultimately, always fun. And this, regardless of the most desirable sequence of events.

We tend to be repulsed by difficult or boring steps and get distracted or enthralled by what seems to us as a more attractive and pleasurable activity. I’m not even talking about the temptation of doing several things at once (like multitasking) to lessen the boredom of repulsive actions. 

Again, the secret is to paint attractiveness all over everything dull, and learning how to fall in love with it. On paper that sure isn’t enticing, but trust me, I’ve done it before and it is part of a guaranteed path to success. 

Once I’ve decided to do it, it’s fairly easy to follow-through, but I should get it deeper into my head, as I always tend to forget it!

No comments: