Wednesday, September 23, 2020

My kind of Patriotism

Generally speaking, patriotism is defined as the feeling of love, devotion and sense of attachment to a homeland and alliance with other citizens who share the same sentiment. 

This attachment can be a combination of many different feelings relating to one's own homeland, including ethnic, cultural, political or historical aspects. 

Now, who are my brothers? Mankind, no matter the color, the language, the religion or the customs. 

What’s my homeland? France? The United States of America? Not really. My homeland is the planet upon which I stand. 

This precious blue planet, as viewed from space, with no border, no capital, where landmass is surrounded by water and where human are taking care of the good health and peaceful future of their home. 

No flag, no borders, no nationalism, no war. 

Can’t beat that!

No comments: