Tuesday, September 29, 2020

Positive and negative influences (continued…)

Yesterday, we focused on positive influences, but we can’t avoid negative one and today will see how both can mesh into the course of one’s life. 

Personally, I’ve also received my share of influences, both good and bad and their confluence have made me who I am today. 

If we start with the positive ones, they stack up as follows: 

My love for the outdoors and for sport oriented activities. My love for the mountains and my deliberate choice of living in Park City, Utah. Some friends and business associates, four of them in total, my elementary school teacher, my schooling in Cluses, working at my parents restaurant, working at many other jobs to try them out and discard them, my stint teaching skiing at Avoriaz and in Australia, traveling the world over, my work with Look ski bindings and running my own business with Koflach as well as my retirement years. One book about the power positive thinking also made a huge impression on me. 

On the negative side of the ledger, I would list: 

My catholic upbringing in general, my whole time attending middle school, serving my time with the French air force, my employment with Look ski bindings (a mixed bag) and working for Pre skis.

So as you can see, I received far much more positive influence as negative ones and, as a result, I’m lucky to have arrived at a pretty good place today.

No comments: