Tuesday, August 31, 2021

Sick of Covid

After 18 month, the entire world is now Covid-sick. I’m not talking about the full-blown Covid-19 with hospitalization and being placed in a ventilator and what-not, but just living under that pervasive threat, that lingering uncertainty and with all that surrounding noise that is for the most part totally useless and destructive. 

The rock-bottom interest rates make no sense, the stock-market neither and Trump’s legacy on demonizing masks and vaccine has created too much unneeded and irreparable chaos and damage. 

No matter how mentally strong we are, this feels like a never-ending dystopian story, an everlasting “freeze” and, with time, this lingering crisis becomes very hard to sustain.

Maybe I’ve got some form of ADD, but I like to do things, go forwards, try new roads, but I can’t! I feel somehow held back by this social psychosis called Covid-19. My usually strong drive feels blunted and I can’t get my fierce motivation back. Is it the age, Covid or both? Or is this just me, or do you feel the same?

No comments: