Monday, October 9, 2023

Great town with even greater food

Sarnat-la-Canéda is the world’s capital of foie gras, duck, truffles and all kinds of fine food in general. A long stay there should translate in many pounds added to one’s waistline! Restaurants are legion and all are pretty good, much better for sure than our old, crumbling accommodations. 

The story of that very old city is fascinating and transported me back to what I learned in elementary school’s history classes and of the infamous 100 year war between the Brits and the French. To add to these positive elements was a beautiful weather and good size crowds for the season that spruced up the ambiance of a normally slower, shoulder season.

Late yesterday, I was told that our bags had been received at the Bordeaux airport and that they would be forwarded to us within a couple of days. Now, on the third day without them, I didn’t quite believe what shed said. 

When I said this was unacceptable and I wanted my luggage now, the young lady that called me corrected me by saying: “Don’t use the world ‘want’, use a more polite ‘would like’ instead, or else, you might see your bags much later. 

I didn’t even try to fight it, she had full power and understood there was absolutely no room for disagreeing, even a tiny bit, with French public service employees!

No comments: