Monday, October 30, 2023

Time to blow snow!

This past Friday, as the temperatures dropped drastically, Park City Mountain began blowing snow on one of the resort main ski runs. 

Here we tip again into another ski season, our 39th here in Utah, where I’ve done 83% of my entire skiing, if I count in terms of my total accumulated vertical drop. Well, according to our largest ski resort in town, the plan is to open it up for skiing on November 17, so that’s coming pretty fast!

This said, I’m writing this totally ignorant of how that season will turn out; will there be enough snow, will it come early on and will my ski legs still be able to carry me like they have for the past 39 years? 

As many questions for which I have no answer and simply need to patiently wait for the ski season to begin and see how it unfolds. 

At this point, I remain fully confident that it will be another good one, yet, I have no hurry to begin the ski season on man-made snow only!

No comments: