Monday, October 23, 2023

When software fails

For editing my photos and other graphic work, I use Gimp, an open source software that’s is both free and very good. 

Yesterday, as I was working on some statements when suddenly I must have hit the wrong key and I could no longer modify a picture the was I was used to. 

I tried everything, moved heaven and earth, all for naught. I spent at least four hours trying to solve a problem that was beyond my understanding. 


 

Uninstalled, reinstalled, tinkered some more with the program until I gave up, not before contacting a pair of user’s groups, and finally went to bed, deeply unhappy. 

The next morning, I had received more suggestions from the user group than I could handle. I tried a few and through luck or serendipity, I stumbled on a solution. I had overcome!

No comments: