Monday, April 22, 2024

Another ski season is over…

Not only was yesterday Earth Day, but it was the last day for skiing in Park City. Since I’m not one to miss closing day, I was there and did all my turns plus some, to conclude my 71st ski season, a light one in terms of days skied (91) and total vertical (just over 1.6 million feet). 

It was a winter of “Quality” instead of “Quantity” skiing, and beyond our terrible months of November and December that only offered very scant cover and mediocre skiing, the rest of the winter was just fabulous with plenty of regular and quality snow falls. I stayed in shape, skied all my favorite runs and didn’t get hurt after my December 18 slide

For that ultimate day, I ran laps under the crescent chair, skied very well (at least, I thought), even though the snow began to become heavy very early as the night temperatures stayed over freezing. I came home healthy, with nothing either twisted or broken, thus keeping the promise I made my wife when I left home this morning. I’m officially done with skiing for 2023-2024!

No comments: