Wednesday, April 24, 2024

The ways we sometime remember...

Some 39 years ago, my wife and I paid a visit to Park City together in order to look for a house to buy. It was my spouse’s first visit to the area. 

For some strange reasons and over the years, I had always been convinced that this visit happened around the beginning of May, as if there was a weekend falling just around the first day of that month.

We also both remembered that it was particularly cold at that time of the year and that Park City Ski Area was still in operation on what looked to be its last weekend. We had left our two children to the care of a good friend and had made the trip over a typical Saturday and Sunday. 

We were staying at the old Yarrow Hotel, now the DoubleTree, and didn’t find a house we both really liked. I was excited though, while my wife wasn’t really. 

In reality, it didn’t happen around the first of May, instead, it was on April 13 and 14, as written on the photos I took for the occasion. I would have bet big that it was the date I thought it was… 

Another proof that we should always be skeptical of certain of our strongly-held memories!

No comments: