Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Don’t count luck out

I believe luck plays a huge role in life; probably bigger than good looks and intelligence! Since it can either be good or bad, I mostly see the good kind since I’m generally optimist and I also can’t say that it's evenly distributed between good or bad because I believe I’ve received more than my fair share. What’s clear is that without some good fortune, life wouldn’t be as fun as it can be at times. While I’m one who has benefited a lot from luck, I’m at a loss to classify this strange power. Even for a non-religious guy like me, good fortune has a spiritual ring to it. I see it playing the same role as a puppet master that pulls the strings to actuate head and limbs in very specific directions; there’s someone or a force in charge that oversees our lives and prevent us from making some big mistakes. Just like a protective umbrella, it probably is related to its cousin “Karma.” I realize I need all the luck I can get to carry on my simple life and certainly can’t afford to count it out.

No comments: