Saturday, December 29, 2007

Planning resolutions

It’s almost year’s end; are your resolutions ready yet? Please, give me a few more moments; I'm still working on them. This is not a yearly habit of mine as most often I begin and end another year without aiming for any special goal. Setting none is possibly the best way to make sure it won’t get dropped along the twelve-month long period. For 2008, I've decided that a select few New Year’s resolutions might be in order for me. How useful, challenging and life-changing will they be? I won’t tell you; that’ll remain a secret. What I can tell you though, is that they won’t be many; two or three at the most, and they’ll likely be hard to keep. Why? I’ve tried the exercise before and know that nothing will come through if not seriously fueled. In other words, I'll have to pay the price for the success of these resolutions (work, pain, discouragement and the like) and this time I hope I'm up to the task...

No comments: