Sunday, December 23, 2007

Listening to my iPod

I’ve just discovered that there’s more than one way to listen to an mp3 player. Until now, I’d always use the shuffle mode, which brings music unexpectedly making listening fun and full of surprises. When I ski alone, I listen to my iPod and have its volume set never too loud, so I can talk to other people while riding the chairlift, but still can hear the music and hopefully preserve my eardrums for a few more years. As I was both skiing and listening to music yesterday, I discovered that much more than once, I heard – in a row - the same song performed by a different artist. I thought I was perhaps hearing voices or that the machine was “skipping” After a while I finally understood that it was playing in alphabetical order, like it had never done it before. Should I also tell you that I was listening all afternoon to songs titles starting with “w” and there was an endless stream of them!

No comments: