Thursday, February 21, 2008

Fidel Castro’s jogging suit

I’m not an unconditional friend of Fidel, but what I like the most in the man is his Adidas jogging suit. I secretly wish he would hand it to me when his retirement becomes effective so I can show off with it, like he seems to be doing all the time in the media and elsewhere.
I too have a Nike jogging suit that I bought in Denver six or seven years ago. I don’t particularly like its maroon color but the garment is still in near-perfect shape so I may have to keep on wearing it for many years to come. Even if Fidel handed me his suit, I'd probably save my Nike jogging outfit for cold season running, but when we host friends at home, have a family dinner or if the national press and TV were ever interested in interviewing me, I would definitely wear Fidel's suit for the occasion. I would just update the embroided name on top to reflect its new owner and dispel any thought that I’ve ever been a little dictator.

No comments: