Monday, April 14, 2008

Après-ski

I almost feel relieved to see the ski season over with our three mountains in town closing shop for the winter. No more ski temptation; I can now focus on my “to-do” list which has grown long under a thick snow cover that has barely started to melt. I have planned lots of tasks for today; like taking the ski racks off my car, washing it in the afternoon and cleaning up our living room deck. I also have plenty of phone calls to make, follow up on my taxes that are due tomorrow and on a few other pressing business matters. To top this all, spring seems to be finally with us for a while, with temperatures topping a balmy 52 degrees yesterday afternoon! Feels like we’re starting a new life and that we’re all rejuvenated. I also don’t feel bad about no longer skiing Park City; after all, Snowbasin stays open through April to fill my sporadic urges and after that, there’s still Snowbird for the entire month of May!

No comments: