Wednesday, April 2, 2008

A cold Clown’s Day

For us, April 1st has lots of meanings. First and foremost, it’s our daughter’s birthday, then it’s of course April fool’s Day, and at Park City Mountain Resort it’s also Clown’s Day. This year, that festive event started more like “arctic day” with early morning temperatures flirting with 0 degree Fahrenheit. I braved the cold and went skiing in the morning to catch a glimpse of some of the clown costumes; usually, that day is cheerful with spring weather and warm sun. Today was another bluebird day, but freezing cold with fresh powder snow. I sure saw a few shivering clowns but the spirit wasn’t too festive. So, by noon, when the skies started to cloud up, I returned home to my remodeling job. Next year, I’ll be prepared and plan to get dressed up for the occasion into a genuine burka, simply because regardless of the outside temperature, I’ll be able dress up or down underneath it and no one will see. I know that skiing with one of these can be hard. First, it's sleeveless, so you need to ski without poles or add two holes for them. Next, how do you load the chair, ski powder, tuck or do a kick turn without getting entangled in it? These are serious existential questions. Can anyone give me a deal on one of these blue robes? Even a slightly used one would work. I’m 5’10” tall… Email me!

No comments: