Monday, April 21, 2008

I stop complaining!

Last night, we saw a very hard but highly inspiring movie, “The Diving Bell and the Butterfly” a 2007 film by Julian Schnabel that won the director’s prize at the most recent Cannes Film Festival. This is the remarkable true story of Jean-Dominique Bauby, a successful and charismatic editor-in-chief of French “Elle” magazine, who wakes up in a hospital room the victim of a sudden stroke. While the physical challenges of Bauby's fate leave him with little hope for the future, he begins to discover how his life's passions, his rich memories and his newfound imagination can help him to feel alive. After watching that story, I came out thinking that life and good health are so precious that I never will have the right again to complain about the little challenges and pains of life (in comparison to what Bauby faced) and that I better get on with the program, that is fully embrace everything that comes towards me and deal with it, without trying to escape it. A strong lesson indeed for someone as fortunate as me!

No comments: