Thursday, January 27, 2011

Body language that speaks volume

On Tuesday night, we managed to squeeze watching the state of the union address by President Obama and a Sundance Film Festival movie. Today, I'll only talk about a the speech and while I was listening attentively to the words of our leader, I was paying close attention to John Boehner, our new speaker of the house. Before I go any further, I should disclose my bias about the man. I don't like him; I'm convinced he's the GOP obstructionist-in-chief and while he sometimes cries, I'm convinced his tears are fake.

This said, during the entire speech, his body language confirmed my suspicion as it was displaying a mixture of contempt, boredom and hostility to underscore the most visible sentiments that transpired through his facial and body attitudes. This doesn't bode well for the future and for the spirit of cooperation every one of us would like to see...

No comments: