Monday, January 3, 2011

Continuing education...

If you own and use a computer, chances are you get your share of elation and frustration. The later happened to me last night, when for no apparent reason, both my mouse and keyboard figuratively walked on me. Just like that; for no good apparent reason. My daughter suggested that I test the mouse that seemed to have passed away on my smaller, notebook computer. I tried that; my little rodent was still breathing and doing okay. It was therefore not the problem.
I then decided to call the Costco tech support and in less than 5 minute a capable technician helped me solve the problem. I had to unplug my desktop, hold the power button for a full minute, re-power everything and the machine instantly resurrected. This type of incident never happened to me in the 27 years I've owned a PC at home; there's always a first for everything and, as Winston Churchill once said, we should never, never give up!

No comments: