Sunday, February 6, 2011

Too lazy to go skiing!

Yesterday was a “blah” day; gray, cold and windy and for a while, I mentally debated if I should or shouldn't go skiing. It's funny what can go inside one's head when one is fortunate to live in a ski resort and is older than 30. For millions of people who claim to love skiing, that should never be a question. For the fewer fortunate ones who can afford to invest in an $8,000 family ski vacation, this is not even an option.
Everyone of the five days in Park City will be a skiing day, period. For me it's different, because I'm a spoiled, lucky one and should be penalized for thinking so lazily. They ought to take my pass away from me for two full weeks! At last, by noon I had decided that I would go skiing after all. I went, braved the apparent dreary weather and had a fantastic time, so much in fact, that while I had promised my wife I'd be home by 4 pm, I had to call her that I was staying for “a little more...”

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ah, the guilt of the Christians! You should go skiing because you want to, not because a strange moral code makes you do it. Deep down, you probably wanted to ski, but felt guilty about abandoning your wife for the day. The "etats d'ame" were just the excuse. At least, you were on time to see the super ball.
As you can judge by the number of comments posted tonight, I closed early, my wife is on her way to the middle east and I am bored.
Stay well, my friend.
Bill