Monday, February 7, 2011

The truth comes from children mouth

Yesterday, we were fortunate to watch Finn our soon-to-be three year grandson while his parents came to ski in Park City. An insatiable explorer, our little guy sees everything and nothing escapes his peering glance. He knows our home inside-out and was commenting on his portrait that is framed high, up inside the kitchen, proudly saying “that's me!” Then a few minute later, his attention turned to an older, sepia photograph that also adorns a living room wall and declared “...and that's grandpa!”

In truth, the man on the photo isn't quite me; I had discussed that picture in a late December blog and it depicts a rugged-looking fellow that wears a beret as I sometime do, and shares some facial features with me, but is definitely 15 to 20 years older than I am. However, since that character is someone everyone appears to like, I wouldn't argue with my grandson identification; I'll even use it as my Facebook profile picture...

No comments: