Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Location can be key in picking a hotel!

I had found a great hotel for us in Boise. Excellent price, but most important, highly flattering ratings. You'll agree with me that when all is said and done, what counts is what consumer think, not the usual travel critics or guides. Well, this now might be up for debate.

When we reached our final destination, we found that my “dream hotel” was sandwiched between the freeway and the airport. I made sure to ask for a “quiet room” but when it was time to retire, we realized that if we didn't get the noise from the highway, we got plenty from the... nearby tarmac!

We eventually fell asleep and woke up pretty rested. Next time though, I promise to be more critical about the glowing reviews a property receives and will look a tad better at a given hotel location...

No comments: