Thursday, November 15, 2012

Can we avoid the Fiscal Cliff?

Instinctively, my answer is yes, but I've been wrong before! At present, the defeated Republicans are posturing, but I don't really think that Americans of any stripes still have much appetite left for this kind of unproductive behavior.

Yesterday, after reading some of the news, I sent that message to my two Senators and my Congressman:

“As my representatives, I'm asking you to WORK with the other side of the Aisle. From what I'm seeing and hearing at the moment, I don't believe you really do and this makes me really mad. Your lack of cooperation and continued obstructionism embodies what has become the 'Do-Nothing-Congress.' Your unwillingness to cooperate is disgusting. Get to work, my tax-dollars are paying you for that!” 

I should add that Utah is the reddest of all states and that my voice isn't heard, nor cared about. So much for representative democracy!

No comments: