Sunday, November 25, 2012

Email deluge

Months before the November elections, my email in-box was already overflowing with political messages of all stripes and everyday, I would find a stream of request for monetary and in-person contributions. I'm not even mentioning the incessant phone calls that I wouldn't pick up if I couldn't tell who was calling...

I was looking forward to some respite once the election would be over, but boy, was I wrong! I had just forgotten that America's true religion is consumption and once Obama was re-elected, the floodgates of electronic mail re-opened with a vengeance, from merchants this time, touting Thanksgiving evening sales, Black Friday, Small Business Saturday and Cyber Monday.
There also must be a “I'm broke Tuesday” but I haven't received emails yet about it. Please, I need a break, give me the rest of the week off!

No comments: