Thursday, November 22, 2012

Reading and outdoor activities...

A few days ago, I reluctantly put away our two mountain bikes inside the garden shed for many months of rest. I keep close track of our riding and I'm quite proud that I went out 69 times and covered 668 miles this past season; a clear record in our eighth year of serious riding!


The same day, I finished a great book, “Plutocrats” by Chrystia Freeland and when I put it down I realized that it was the first and only book I had read from cover to cover, in 2012! In previous years I would normally go through 10 to 15 volumes, and I'm afraid that this year, my total reading will be very dismal indeed.

At this point, I can only come to the sad conclusion – as I had suspected all along - that my busy outdoor activities are seriously encroaching into my intellectual fitness!

No comments: