Wednesday, May 29, 2013

How did you get so good at this?

You have and we have been all been asked that question at one point or another. So if it goes like: “How are you so good at skiing steep terrain?” the likely answer might be “...because one day, when I still was a kid, my dad took me skiing in that frightening gully and I had no choice, etc...” or “I became such a good putter because my uncle had a putting green in his yard...”

It always seem to be a question of circumstances, need, encounter, mentoring or some special technique. In my view there's a more fundamental and essential reason for getting excellent at anything and it's called Passion. In my view, the effect of passion isn't just affecting the way one plays sport, but also how artsy we become or how proficiently we master a trade or any professional activity.

Just think about it; if you really love something, you have no other option than getting very, very good at it!

No comments: