Monday, May 20, 2013

Where are the happy people?

When I consider everything, I feel that I'm quite fortunate with my life and therefore I consider myself happy. Of course, there are still a million things that I would have like to accomplish, but I now realize that there are so many hours in the day, and that in the end, it's not the quantity, but rather the quality of our experiences that account for anything of value.
Like many of these events, perception often times takes over reality and the lenses through which we see the world around us can make all the difference. If you happen to share my feelings and my views, begin taking a mental account of the people you know, who could be feeling just like you and me and yet, continue to feel frustrated, unhappy and undeservedly punished by life. You'll quickly find out that their numbers are pretty staggering...

No comments: