Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Sprechen Sie noch Deutsch?

Forty years ago, I drove from the French Alps to South Germany to take an intensive, full-immersion, German course, in Tübingen, Baden-Württemberg. I had never learned the language in school and begun from scratch.

German is not that easy to learn for the French-born and I wanted to be able to teach skiing to visiting German tourist in Avoriaz. This first 6 week session wasn't what I would term a total success, but it got my feet wet and gave me the basis for another similar course that I would take 6 month later.

Instead of applying myself to learning German 24/7, I spent a lot of time testing the local beers and sausages at some local “Stammtisch...” Well, I probably was already believing that if not today, perhaps tomorrow!

No comments: