Saturday, June 29, 2013

Lazing on a sunny afternoon...

That's is we've entered the really hot period of summer, 90 degrees yesterday in Park City, and 102 in Salt Lake not counting that tomorrow will be our 30th day without seeing a drop of water! Hot, hot, and super dry!

If we want to do something, we better do it early in morning like this week running at 6:15 am (almost as early as my routine 6 am morning run for almost 30 years) and today's mountain biking at 7:15 am. The weather is still cool with an early morning low of 54 degrees and a nice breeze to boot!

The rest of the day, we'll stay home, I have plenty of work to do on the computer like finalizing a kitchen design and a bunch of cabinets for the bathrooms and a few rooms. We'll alternate between the cool, air-conditioned inside environment of the house and our tropical, covered outdoors deck.

As I tell my wife over and over: "We don't have too many of these hot days in Park City, so let's enjoy them while they last..." This afternoon, when I'm done, I'll be lazing on our deck with a large, cool glass of pastis in my hand, listening to my favorite Kinks song...

 

No comments: