Sunday, June 16, 2013

More on “bad” pricing...

Recently, I've been "breathing" building cost estimates. That's right, estimates from general contractors that build homes. Some have been forthcoming and – as far I can tell – pretty honest. One of them has not taken that path and chosen to “pad” his bid. Not just pad it a tiny bit, but really in a big way, to the point that, when compared to competitors, his pricing is simply out of proportions and totally unreasonable.

I wonder what goes on inside the mind of folks like this one? Do they think their clients are totally stupid, won't see the disproportion and automatically give them their business, or do they simply want to take a reckless chance? I do wonder, but I also realize that if one stops at just one bid when shopping around, this can be a recipe for disaster.
Take your time, leave no stone unturned and if no deal is good enough, keep searching. It's as simple as that...

No comments: