Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Branches finally cut!

For years now, my wife has been pleading with me to prune a number of tree branches that were blocking our living room window views and I've been ignoring her demands on the grounds that I don't like to cut trees (even unnecessary pruning falls in that category), that I love the shade they provide and finally that I like the look of trees litterally hugging the house.

I finally acquiesced yesterday, set up the ladder and once installed, ended up cutting much more than I wanted to at the beginning. Now that the job is done and the branches are piled up in our driveway I feel much better; the views from the windows are restored to what they were supposed to be all along and live is good!
I still have to grow that wood pile by cutting a few more branches on the opposite side of the house, but since I'm now started, it won't be as painful. I'm even looking forward to it!

No comments: