Saturday, July 6, 2013

Death of a computer...

There's nothing as traumatic as sudden death, and that exactly what happened to my computer today. As I was editing a great video about the 4th of July Parade in Park City, the machine died on me and kept all of that great footage entombed as I did not back it up at the last second. You see, I'm prescient, but to a point...

 I called the emergency support number and following the guidance of a very capable technician, we attempted tried to revive the beast, but it was alas too late and hopeless. I then jumped in my car, drove to Salt Lake City to get a new machine, dreading the installation process which is more like dating and marrying again for the digital widower I had become. I threatened my family: “It will take me a full week before I can get over that trauma!”

Time will tell, I guess...

No comments: