Thursday, July 4, 2013

The bonus, unexpected rainstorm

To properly mark this Fourth of July celebration, the skies began to get out of kilter at 2 am and a serious rainstorm complete with lighting, thunder and all kinds of noisy fireworks lasted through the early morning; I was so excited that I couldn't get back to sleep. We had not seen a drop of rain in more than 33 days; wow!

Rain is in such short supply during summer, and for that matter all year, since 95% of our precipitations are under the form of snow. It's more than just a precious commodity; it's pure gold to us. The grass, the flowers, the trees and the veggie garden are all relieved.
 
The birds will go from tiny insects to big, fat worms on today's menu and like a crazy man I left my mountain bike outside last night. I'll have to wipe up the saddle!

No comments: