Friday, July 19, 2013

On living dangerously...

I like excitement in my life and often times, that fuel isn't without danger. It's probably because I'm still mentally, a little boy, and I get that constant urge to push myself and explore my outer limits or because I like difficulties in most things I undertake. A little like folks that can't stand blend food and must have their meals over-seasoned, all the time.

Of course, dangerous activities call for a greater exposure to mishaps and all their unpleasant cortege of injury and rehab. I do know that as I grow older, I should somehow slowdown, but I feel that downshifting incredibly hard to program and follow.

Yet, it's crystal-clear that whatever I still can do today, I won't be able to do as well, as fast or without any fear when I'm 95. So instead of voluntary scaling things down, I like to lag just a little bit more; it's only for me a matter of letting go, but I find this so hard!

No comments: