Thursday, March 19, 2015

The new “Fiat-ugly” Jeep

I'm neither the first, nor the only one, to find the new Jeep Cherokee ugly, but as I've dug deeper, I found in its styling many visual features and subtle details that relate it to the homely Fiat styling. Since the Italian brand now owns Chrysler and, by alliance, Jeep, it was only a matter of time before the worst of Fiat traits began bleeding into what used to be a rugged and macho-looking line of SUV.

This is precisely what the latest version of the Cherokee has accomplished. The new look adorning the latest Cherokee belongs more to Turin and it's trans-alpine countryside than America and its tough Rocky Mountains landscape. I, for one wouldn't want to be caught dead in one of these degenerated all-terrain vehicles; I'd rather stick to my Subie!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ummmm. So jeep cherokees dont look "rugged" but a subaru does?? Subarus look like station wagons. They all do, and always have. I wouldnt be caught dead in a grocery getter.