Monday, March 23, 2015

When man-made snow pays off big!

As my 30th ski season in Park City comes to a tight close, it's now pretty easy for me to admit that it was the worst I ever experienced in Utah, both in terms of thin snow and high temperatures. Yet, our three resorts were able to survive, helped in large part by “Lady Luck” and snow-making.

Some were better than the others with creating that critical man-made cover. For one thing, Canyons suffered from its lack of snow-making infrastructure and remained at the bottom (I didn't ski much there), Park City did okay, but Deer Valley really offered the best conditions throughout, with a thick layer of snow all over the mountain.
I bet this season's will have a large impact on the way our resorts see snow-making next season, and with two world-class organizations now heading our remaining two resorts, this will bode well!

No comments: