Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Tidying up my office...

Yesterday, I didn't go skiing; instead, I finally began to tidying my office. My wife had reminded me – in no uncertain terms – that my place of business was a mess and that I had to do something about it. So that's how the project got started.

I hate to sort things out and have to decide which I throw away and which I keep. It burns holes in my brain and must take years away from my rapidly dwindling life expectancy. Not just that, but when I decide to keep something, then I must decide again where to put it away. Now, it's almost done; let's say it's 99% handled and I won't worry about that remaining 1%.
It will soon hatch back and multiply to return to a full 100%, but for the moment, I can at least appreciate the fact that “a clean desk is sure sign of a sick mind” This quote, often attributed to Albert Einstein, goes in fact something like this : “If a cluttered desk is a sign of a cluttered mind, of what, then, is an empty desk a sign?”

No comments: