Thursday, December 10, 2015

Let's ski together!

Often, my wife asks me why I always ski alone. I should call a friend, right? I can never give her any good reason, because I am too forgetful. It's not that I am totally antisocial, but when I ski, I ski; I don't fool around.

It always goes like this: I invite a friend to go skiing, it's always hard to make a date, then when the time and day come, I always have to wait. Then it goes on, my buddy must do this, do that, go to his locker to change, I must wait some more.

Deciding on which run to take, stopping half way down, meeting half of the world's population, breaking for a drink, a snack or some coffee kills the pace and eats up what I was planning to do in the first place. When all is said and done, I end up skiing half of what I would have if I were alone..

Sure, we had a few good runs, a few good conversations riding up the lift, exchanged a few pieces of gossip and learned few useful tidbits too, but this is a retrograde way to ski and I'm not old enough for that.

Now I remember, once again, why I ski alone most of the time!

No comments: